About Me

My photo
I have three passions in my life. My family, the Riders and the Toronto Maple Leafs!

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Graham James Pardoned!....... What?

I have just found some of the sickest news in my life. Convicted sex offender, Graham James, has been pardoned. Read on.....

From the Canadian Press;

OTTAWA -- Graham James, the junior coach convicted of sexually abusing his players in a case that rocked the hockey world from house leagues to the NHL, has been pardoned by the National Parole Board, The Canadian Press has learned.

Though the pardon was granted three years ago, it comes to public light only now as a result of a previously unknown accuser contacting Winnipeg police.

A shocked Prime Minister's Office, notified of the pardon by The Canadian Press, called it a "deeply troubling and gravely disturbing" development that demands an explanation from the parole board.

James, now 58, pleaded guilty to sexual assault after two of his former teenaged players, including ex-NHLer Sheldon Kennedy, came forward with their stories of abuse at his hands from 1984 to 1995. James was sentenced to 3 1/2 years in prison in 1997.

His current whereabouts are unknown.


That is some sick stuff. I almost can't believe it.

Happy Easter everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment