About Me

My photo
I have three passions in my life. My family, the Riders and the Toronto Maple Leafs!

Monday, August 31, 2009

Hockey season!

With junior camps underway, it makes me excited about watching the Maple Leafs on HNIC for another season. I can't wait to see the "new" rough n' tough Leafs run over everything in it's path! Do i think they will challenge for the cup? Not a chance, but i do think they will make the playoffs, in the 7th or 8th seed, and be very hard to play against. With Brian Burke adding Mike Komisarek, Francois Beauchemin, and Garnett Exelby on the back end, and Vesa Toskala healthy again, should make the Leafs a much improved team. Burke still needs to find a top six forward but i wouldn't sell the farm to get one.

----------

Team Canada wrapped up their orientation camp last week and i think they just might have a pretty good team. Wink! Wink! I really think it's a two-horse race, between Canada and the Russians, for the gold medal. Last week, Crosby, Nash and Iginla were skating on the top line. Wow, is all i can say about that combination. Their second line could consist of Getzlaf, Heatly and Jeff Carter. The Canadians shouldn't have trouble putting the puck in the net. Even scarier could be the first line for the Russians, consisting of Malkin, Ovechkin, and Datsyuk. Wow again. Can't wait until February!

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment