About Me

My photo
I have three passions in my life. My family, the Riders and the Toronto Maple Leafs!

Monday, September 28, 2009

Bad Case of the Mondays......

Well another week begins and so does hockey season for my boys. Evaluations for Novice, Jackson (he's a goalie), started tonight and Atom, Isaac, starts Wednesday. It will be a minimum of five nights a week in a rink, right until the end of March. It's a long hall but everyone seems to love it! I'm semi-retired as i told my Adult Safe Hockey team to find another goalie because this body can't do it anymore. I imagine i'll still get called to play about a 5-10 games this winter. And no, i won't miss it.

----------

Did anyone see the shootout in the game between Vancouver and Calgary on Saturday night? Olli Jokinen came in on Roberto Loungo and fired a slap-shot, from the hash marks, right into Loungo's chest. Yes, i believe it was on purpose. So what does Vancouver do? They send Alex Edler to shoot and he comes in on Mikka Kiprusoff and does the exact same thing. A taser right to the chest! Love it. That is going to be one hell of a rivalry this season as both teams battle for the Northwest Division crown.

----------

It's nice to see my brother, assistant coach with the Bonnyville Pontiacs, having a successful start to the 09/10 season as the Pontiacs are off to a 5-1-0 record. It looks like the Pontiacs are keeping the puck out of their own net which is a big reason for the hot start.

----------

I am going to try to find time to update this blog more often. I just have to fit it into my schedule. Right now the family is in bed so maybe i'll become a late night blogger.

Later


No comments:

Post a Comment